DELIVERIES AND RETURNS
Delivery lead times
Please allow for 10 – 15 working days from payment for custom products and 2-5 working days for stock items. Approx. 8 to 9 weeks for the manufacture of furniture orders. Therefore 2-7 days for delivery to your home. Furniture orders delivered out of the Johannesburg area will take 7 to 10 working days over and above the delivery lead time. Please inform us if your order is urgent. We will do our best to accommodate.
If purchasing more than one product, the product may arrive on different days. Individual shipping prices may apply on small items.
Holly and Jack requires a minimum of 50 percent deposit on all furniture that requires a 8 to 9 week manufacturing lead time.
The website will offer the option of paying a 50 percent deposit. Your balance of payment will be required once your order has been completed and before goods are shipped.
Transit time is in business days and excludes(Saturdays, Sundays and holidays). Please allow additional time for shipping outside the main city centres. Deliveries outside Johannesburg will take an extra 5 to 7 working days over and above the production time. Deliveries will be done via courier or furniture removal company.
Furniture will be couriered to your physical address and may require self assembly if outside the Gauteng area.
Please note that orders will only be placed once we have received confirmation of your payment.Completion times will be communicated at the time a quote is supplied and will be deemed agreed to at acceptance of the quote. Holly and Jack strives for service delivery and excellent customer service and guarantees to design and manufacture all goods in the time frame that client has been given, unless circumstances out of our control take place.
Place of delivery
Holly and Jack delivers within business hours in the Republic of South Africa as well as Internationally. As a buyer, you indicate where in you require delivery to be made, as well as contact numbers to be used in connection with delivery. Your parcel will be delivered to the address you specify in the checkout process.
In the case of nobody being present at the address at the time of delivery, our courier will on the second attempt of delivery use the mobile phone number you provided in your order and/or leave a note (in the letterbox if a residential address) to indicate that there was an attempted delivery. The courier will try once more, and if at that time there is still no one to sign for the parcel, it will be your responsibility to call Holly and Jack on (011) 402 0730 or send an email to email@example.com to arrange delivery. If you don’t contact the Holly and Jack within 5 working days of the courier attempting the second delivery, the courier will return the parcel to Holly and Jack. The responsibility will then fall on the buyer to have the order collected from our office. A daily storage rate will be incurred.
All Holly and Jack deliveries take place during business hours i.e. there are no deliveries over weekends or on public holidays. Please take this into consideration when selecting your delivery address.
All shipping charges are estimated and will be adjusted at the time your order is shipped. Please be sure to provide a correct email, delivery address and delivery contact number on your order. Orders will not be processed or shipped without charges having been approved by the client.
Please note that Holly and Jack acts on your behalf by enlisting the services of the courier. Holly and Jack does not act as the courier and cannot be held responsible for delays or any other problems on the courier’s behalf. We can track and trace your shipment. You are also welcome to make use of your own courier service but the service needs to comply to certain standards. Please enquire about our shipping advice.
Shipping quotations may be increased if :
- The delivery staff/courier has to deliver the goods above a second floor unless they have agreed to do so in writing;
- The delivery staff/courier supplies extra services at the Customer’s request;
- The stairs, lifts or doorways at which the delivery guys/courier must uplift or deliver the Customer’s goods are inadequate for easy delivery or the road or approach are unsuitable for their vehicles, unless the Customer advised us in writing of these problems before we prepared the quotation;
Holly and Jack assumes no liability for orders shipped to incomplete or incorrect shipping addresses supplied by the customer. Any additional fees for such orders will be the responsibility of the customer.
If a package is refused upon delivery, the customer will be responsible for all shipping charges incurred for the return of the item. Charges will be applied to any refund due to refusal.
JHB – R600 per order delivered
PTA/ CENTURION – R750 per order delivered
Shipping charges outside of the Gauteng area will be quoted separately. Please refer to Shipping charges.
If you have any questions relating to deliveries, please do not hesitate to contact us on (011) 402 0730 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will accept returns on in-stock products according to the Right To Cancel Policy.
- Products which are made to order may not be returned unless the product is defective, damaged or if the product you have received is not the same as the product you have ordered.
All returns are subject to the following conditions:
ALL returns are subject to pre-approval on a case-by-case basis
- Products must be in their original condition, unassembled, unused and returned in their ORIGINAL PACKAGING.
- Products that have been Made To Order cannot be returned. (non-stock items).
- Custom designs or specific colour choices cannot be returned.
- Flat pack items can only be returned if they have not been assembled or removed from the original packaging.
- You will be liable for the full transport costs (round trip – outgoing and incoming) which will be deducted from your refund. Please note that this may differ from your original invoice as we offer free shipping on completed sales and sometimes subsidise, discount or absorb additional costs.
- Personally inspect packaging and note any damage on the receiving ticket before signing for it. If you have not opened the packages please write the words “unchecked” next to your name on the waybill.
- Please report any shortages or damages within 24 hours from the time of receiving your merchandise in writing via e-mail or fax. Please explain the problem or defect and include any photographs if possible so that we may best assist you. It may be that only a replacement part is required instead of shipping the complete product back to us, which will be issued at our own discretion.
- Any approved returns will be shipped via our couriers free of charge as covered by the shipping insurance against damage in transit. We will take responsibility for booking the collection with our couriers. Replacements can only be made once we have determined that there was a manufacturer defect or damage caused during transit. Items that are received with shipping damage will be replaced with the same or similar item at no charge, subject to stock availability.
- If it is subsequently found that the returned merchandise is not defective or damaged, the customer will be liable for all shipping costs.
All custom made orders are made especially for you and are therefore final sales. We cannot accept returns, cancellations or exchanges on custom orders unless there is a manufacturer flaw.
In the unlikely event that you have a problem with a product, please contact us. We will determine if replacement parts or a replacement product needs to be sent.
Should you experience any problems please contact us at email@example.com
You are entitled to return your order for goods which are kept in stock, without penalty, within 7 days of the goods having been delivered to you.
In such an event:
- You will receive a full refund of the purchase price within 7 days of the date of cancelling this agreement less shipping fees in both directions.
- You undertake to return the goods in their original packaged condition, unassembled and unused and in sellable condition.
- You inform us within 7 days of receiving the goods of your intention to cancel the order
- Goods which are custom-made to-order cannot be cancelled after having been delivered to you.
- If you wish to cancel your order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As we try to process orders immediately it may not always be possible to prevent an order from being despatched. If your order has already been despatched you may return the items to us in accordance with our Returns Policy.